Sunday, February 6, 2011

whiling

Is there anything that can be said for this view? Are there people listening in need of convincing? All: there are those who enjoy following arguments and to them, I wish good health and prolonged attention.

How it turns out is a matter between me and your friends. I'll make sure you're left out even if you sit on the porch. I'll shout outside into a pillow ten paces off just so you'll know we’re bringing something of yours with us.

But as it is, your banishment includes trips to the fridge whenever you're guilty, trips to the bathroom when something outside is squirrely (a miraculous view from the window of one helluva tree). I'm descending soon for hegemonic repositioning underground.

So if you like I’ll pick up a skeleton and paint it before you run.

You can sit on the outside wallowing. For in point of fact, what's further out than you?
And even still, everyone knows the death's head staring off from your desk.
We’re forced to carry you along.

For those who come here to enjoy a contemplative repast—well, this view of art warrants little more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment